Family Law Overview
Are you facing a Family Law issue on Long Island or New York City? You need to get the best legal representation possible.
Family law issues are fully covered at Powers Law, P.C. from Divorce, Child Custody, and Property division.
A Full Service Family Law Firm
Powers Law, P.C. is able to handle your Family Law matters in a professional and civil way. Our attorneys are skilled in the areas of:
- Divorce: Can be a draining process for many people, both financially and emotionally. We will be there for the process step by step, helping you make it as easy as possible.
- Equitable division of property: New York is an equitable division of the property state, which means after a marriage is over, the only community property is what was put in during the marriage.
- Child custody and visitation: We will help forge a settlement agreement between the parties of where the child will live, visitation rights, schooling, and who will make decisions about the child.
- Child support: Child support is for the needs of the Child. This is based on guidelines that factors in the income of both parents and the cost of living.
- Modifications to divorce decrees: There are times divorce agreements need to be modified. If one parent gets a higher income job, remarried or even wants to move out of state, there may be needs for a change in the decree.
- Spousal support (alimony): If there is a dependent spouse, support may be rewarded. It’s also known as maintenance. The award has several factors, including length of the marriage, the health of both parties, and the earning capacity of each party.
If you are in a domestic situation, please call contact Long Island Family Attorney for a free consultation.
Get your questions answered - Call now to speak with an attorney about your legal needs (631) 994-7504.